Saturday 10 January 2015

About this blog.

I wanted to start this blog and get a good couple of posts up before I started to draw attention to it. Soon I will be posting on forums to let people know of it's existence which is likely to bring in a large number of people and I wanted to make it clear in this post exactly what I am trying to do with this blog.
I like the X-Wing miniatures games a lot but don't get to play much. I do watch videos on YouTube daily and I'm always looking for new ones. As searching videos on YouTube can be quite difficult I thought I would make this blog so that others are able to come here and find a directory of nearly all x-wing videos easily browsable. I'm also tagging the videos with the aim that if someone wants to learn strategies to play as or against a VT-49 Decimator then they can choose the tag and find all the videos featuring that ship easily. 
I have also chosen to review the majority of videos and score them. These reviews are based solely on how good of a production the video is. The points made are not to deride the video publishers but more to give them constructive feedback on things they could improve to make their videos better. The end point being that all X-Wing videos will be of a broadcast quality which will help expand the hobby and bring in new players, who knows maybe we'll even have a 24 hour TV channel in the future, XSPN. 
The scores are not meant as a rubric across all videos, but instead a marker of how well the video has been made. I have previously stated that all X-Wing videos are worth watching to me and would be 10 out of 10 just for existing, the scores are just a way of measuring the videos quality compared to the potential present in each case. Not all videos have to be to the standard of Team Covenant or Sanctioned, that would be too costly and time consuming to be able to produce videos on a mass scale. 
Even two guys in their house with a camera can produce an excellent quality battle report and the more people doing things like X-Wing Academy the better. 
I'm also brand new to blogging and I know I've got to do a bit of CSS work to normalise my post layout and make everything more efficient. And just as I am giving feedback to the video creators any feedback on how I can improve the blog is greatly appreciated. 
I hope you all enjoy the blog and find it useful. 

2 comments:

  1. You should check out ChalX-Wing on YouTube. The guys are not the best strategists, but the videos are high quality and they play a King of the Hill format which means the challenger knows exactly what he will be playing against. I find the videos very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been subscribed to The Chalk since their very first x-wing games when they had that death star surface playmat. I will go back to include their old videos but for right now I´m concentrating on newly published content.

      Delete