Saturday 10 January 2015

About this blog - Part 2

I also thought I would give a little insight into how I find and watch the videos included in the blog.
At the moment the focus of the blog is on newly published content. Granted there are plenty of excellent videos on YouTube, but it would be too difficult for me to go through all of them.
Instead focusing on newly published content gives me the opportunity to give feedback to publishers before they start their next project. It also means that as people follow this blog I will also be driving new traffic to the newly published videos to increase view counts which is a great help for the publishers.
To do this I check on YouTube various times a day and search only "x-wing" and then filter the results to only show me the uploads made today (last 24 hours). I then go pretty far down the list until I am sure I've found just about everything. I am guessing that any video regarding the X-Wing miniatures game would at the least use the word x-wing at some point so should show up in the list.
It may also interest you to know how I watch the Videos, on occasion I will watch on PC but the majority of the time I am watching on a 46" smart TV with a YouTube on TV app installed. This app always defaults to the best quality available for a video should the connection speed be able to support streaming it, for this reason I have the tv connected through Ethernet cable instead of WI-FI to provide the lowest latency possible and as such the best possible quality. Whilst watching I am sat approximately 2.5 meters away on my couch.
As such when I comment that certain details are hard to make out on a video, I am sat roughly 2.5 meters away from a 46" screen. Maybe if you are watching a video on a PC monitor and you are only 30 cm away from the screen everything may seem perfectly legible. But as I have mentioned before I am trying to help contribute to this community to give it more widespread appeal. Nobody sits around a PC to watch any other sporting event (unless it is because they have no other alternative), so why should it be any different for a game like X-Wing.
Whilst before I have said my focus will be on newly published videos, I do intend to add older videos to the blog to try to have a more complete selection for any visitors, things like the X-Wing strategy tips channel, whilst not having published anything in a while, has excellent instructional videos that are very useful for newcomers to the game and so I will be looking into posting regarding those videos soon. Also important battle reports from worlds and nationals will also be on the back list. If anyone has any ideas for any videos that they feel should be included please feel free to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment